Welcome Home

Friday, January 29, 2010

My menu plan got off course a little this week... because my DH was gone for most of it:( So, last night I wanted to fix something that I knew he liked and something that said "Welcome Home",  but I wanted it to be quick and easy. (So I would have time to kiss visit with him and not be chained to the kitchen all night)

Anyway, I decided on Chicken Salad...*shocked?*  Did I do chicken last week? Oh, well.


First, boil the chicken breast(sorry, I don't do dark meat).
001


Let the chicken cool and pull apart.
002

Gather all ingredients.
003



Combine them and ...
Chicken3

...mix well
005

Enjoy!!
Chicken1


Chicken Salad

6 chicken breasts
chicken broth
2 celery stalks, chopped
1 cup pecans, chopped
1 can crushed pineapple & juice
1 cup grapes (seedless) (if they're large, cut them in half)
1/2 cup mayo
garlic salt
pepper

Cook chicken in broth/ water mixture until done.  Let cool, then tear apart.
Mix celery, pecans, pineapple, & grapes in a large bowl.  Add chicken to mixture.
Stir well.  Now, add mayo as needed.  The pineapple juice adds a lot of moisture, so I don't usually add a lot of mayo.  Add garlic salt and pepper to taste.  As usual, this recipe is to taste.  You can add more or less of anything in this recipe.  It's all about how you like it!

I'm linking this to Foodie Friday over at Designs By Gollum.  Check out all the wonderful recipes!






7 comments:

The Quintessential Magpie said...

It's funny that you would have chicken salad today because YESTERDAY I went to the best bakery in town which makes the best chicken salad in town and got a big container (and ate it ALL)!!!
AND I ate it with some pineapple I had in the fridge. It is SO good. It's my favorite "comfort" food.

Happy Foodie Friday...

XO,

Sheila :-)

honeysuckle said...

Yum, yum! I love a good chicken salad sandwich! (Your children are adorable!)

Anonymous said...

The chicken salad performed double duty, Thank You for bring this wonderful and so tasty lunch to Downloblollylane, I really enjoyed the Carter chickadees,the amazing chicken salad with all the trimmings and too,my gift! But most important the precious time talking and visiting,you know the saying,"YALL COME BACK NOW YOU HEAR".

Natasha in Oz said...

YUM! I love American style chicken salad. I am going to have to try this recipe. Thanks for sharing it. Lovely blog too!
Best wishes, Natasha.
PS My sister's name is Holly!

Nola said...

Hi, just found you, this is my first visit. That chicken salad has just about all my favorite foods in the recipe, thanks for posting it!

Rattlebridge Farm said...

Oh, yes--I'll have one, plase. It looks divine!

HollyC said...

Thanks for all the wonderful comments!! I'm not an expert in the kitchen, but sometimes a dish just comes together...and this one always does!

Thanks for visiting
Beneath The Big Oak.

~Holly