What's Cookin'

Friday, January 22, 2010

I've been trying to change up my menu some here Beneath The Big Oak. It's really easy to fall into a rut every week, so I do try to plan my menus ahead of time, but alas, I don't always get it done and I just end up fixing whatever we have that's easy and it generally starts with chicken this or chicken that. My boy loves chicken!!

Well, last night I wanted to fix a nice {quick} dinner to go with my "simply glam" tablescape, but didn't know what.   Hmmmm?

I popped on over to the Tasty Kitchen and after searching through countless recipes & almost cooking a frozen pizza, I found a quick and easy, umm, *cough* chicken recipe.  O.K, maybe I love chicken!
Don't judge!

Anyway, this lovely lady that goes by sunflower722 shared her recipe for Crouton Chicken and I'm so glad she did.  It was deeelish!  I changed a couple of things to make it work for me and it turned out really good!  

So, I'll hush and give you chicken...

Crouton Chicken

4 chicken breasts
8 slices of Swiss cheese
1 can cream of chicken soup
1/2 cup white wine (I used chicken broth)
2 cups of seasoned croutons
1/3 cup melted butter

Season chicken to your liking and top with cheese.  Mix soup with wine and pour over chicken.  Top with croutons and drizzle melted butter over it.  Bake for 1 hour @ 350 degrees.

First, I sprayed my baking dish and added garlic-salt and pepper. ( it called for 4 breasts, but I only had 3, but they were pretty large)
019

Next, I topped it with swiss cheese and chicken soup mixture.
chicken2

I added the croutons to the top and drizzled melted butter over all of it :)
chicken3


Baked it for 1 hour @ 350 degrees and.....Voila!!
chicken4

Baked Crouton Chicken that looks good and taste even better!
chicken5

I'm linking this to Foodie Friday over at Designs By Gollum! Right now, there's about 92 ways to get your food fix!



Oh yeah, we had this for dessert!
PeachCobb
Peach Cobbler!




5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm cooking this right now,right now!,... only I ain't got croutons, but like a practicing cook I'll wing it' with saltine crackers..Your pictures are so fantastic,and I could eat about half of the cobbler,oh who am I kidding,I could finish off the whole thing,..recipe please!

Anonymous said...

Wow! OK, this looks like a perfect weeknight meal.
Thank you for sharing!

Unknown said...

Looks like TOTAL comfort food...right down to the peach cobbler :)

Blessings!
Gail

Cass @ That Old House said...

Yummmmmmm... this is brilliant! A keeper for sure. And great pics!

Cass

Patricia @ ButterYum said...

What a wonderfully easy to prepare meal. Thanks for posting it!!

:)
ButterYum