A Perfectly Purple Day

Thursday, January 21, 2010

As thoughts for my 2nd Tablescape Thursday rolled around in my head this week, I just couldn't get it right! I didn't know whether to glam it up or keep it simple or to simply just faagetaboutit!!!  I mean, all you have to do is pop on over to Between Naps On The Porch and you can really see tablescaping at. its. finest. and I'm not quiet sure where I fit into in that group, but I know it's too much fun not to try, sooooo.....Glam, Simple???... Simple, Glam???  Why not a little of both???

When I do a tablescape, I'm trying to do something the the family will enjoy for Thursday night's dinner.  I don't want all that tablescaping to go to waste, but that sometimes limits your ideas if your planning a kid proof table that will still look decent and not shame you right off Susan's blog!  So, this week I chose my favorite color and my some of my cheapest dishes and I think it worked well.

PurpleTable2


PurpleTable3


PurpleTable6

PurpleTable3

I will have to replace the crystal glasses for my smaller guests tonight, but I think Sponge Bob glasses will look fine with purple!






14 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is past pretty,soooooo simple but glam too!...love it!

dee dee said...

What a lovely table! The center piece candles are stunning! You take such excellent photos!... Dee Dee

HollyC said...

Thank you so much for your positive thoughts! It makes me happy that you've visited Beneath The Big Oak!!

Dining Delight said...

You are so funny in your post! I love your wit and humour about your tablescape and linking to BNOTP. You should not feel an ounce of shame with such a beautiful 'scape! Your dishes are lovely and the crystal candlesticks are wonderful. It is so true, isn't it, tablescaping is so much fun, we just have to join in!

DD

Treasia Stepp said...

Oh Holly it's perfect. Simple yet glam at the same time. I love your use of the mirror under the candles. Simply beautiful.

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and I sincerely hope to see you again.

Marigene said...

Simple, but, oh so elegant. I love your array of candlesticks.

The Style Sisters said...

Pretty! Very pretty.
Stop by and say hi and enter my napking ring giveaway.
Karin :)

Holly Lefevre said...

Oh Sponge Bob glasses will be the perfect compliment..ha ha! I think your tablescape is lovely. I just LOVE purple. I just bought a beautiful cake stand that would match so nicely! You did a great. I am following you now too! Us Holly's have to stick together, eh (I have "met" 5 Holly's blogging!)
Holly @ 504 Main

The Style Sisters said...

Holly, Thanks for stopping by and leaving me such "love" ly comment. :) It is so fun to make new friends through blogging!

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

So pretty -- I love the sparkle on your table -- those purple dishes are beautiful.

Stephanie said...

Beautiful! Purple is my favorite!

Aunt Nutty said...

Really beautiful table. I love the goblets with the flower detail. So pretty. I'm sure the Sponge Bob glasses will be the perfect compliment to your table.

Gayle from Southern Thresholds said...

Very pretty...I think it would be cool if some of the tablescapes were about a kids table at times...don't think I've ever seen one of those come to think about it

HollyC said...

You're so right Gayle! I was actually thinking of doing a kids table this week...maybe! Since my sweet 4yr old daughter likes to "help", maybe I'll do something fun for her!