Flat Out Good!

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

I'm sure I'm way behind in the "cool things to find at the grocery store" line, but I have a good reason....we don't have any stores that carry the really cool things...until they are old news to everyone else! Yep, I can't find any red pepper hummus or organic milk without driving 50 miles but I can get a great deal on a good sized hog head complete with eyeballs! Sorry, I'm still a little traumatized from rounding the corner on the meat isle and finding myself face to face with two of these creatures. I mean dang! Can't they put them in the back and just post a sign, "WE GOT HOG HEADS IN THE BACK"...Ahhh! Ok, ok, I digress.

So, I found FlatOut flatbread the other day and I have loved cooking with it. It's deelish and good for you and they have a pretty neat website with a few good recipes and all the health info. I picked up the Italian Herb with thoughts of making little pizzas for my little people.

I started with all of these...
flatout

Made them look like this...
pizzas

They came out lookin' good...
007

...and before you know it they were gone!!! Yep, kids loved 'em!


Oh yeah, I also made these chicken & cheese quesadillas the next day and they were off the chain!

018




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just go on and get outta here,cause Ree Drummond ain't got nothin' on you, that food not only looks good, the picture are "OFF THE CHAIN", I'm gonna have to get with that flicker account!..Seriously, your blog looks as good or better than some of the pro's!!!!lovin' it.Please post more food pics and recipes,I am sure gonna try this pizza recipe ..."fa sho"!

HollyC said...

LOL! Yeah, I hear ya! Try the flatbread pizza though, it's real good:-)