That's Amore!

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Today, I'm joining in on my first ever Tablescape Thursday. Susan, over at Between Naps on the Porch does this every week. Let me tell you, It's awe inspiring!!!  Well, I've been lurking for quiet a while, so I thought I'd try it out! Now, some of these ladies give tablescaping a whole new meaning, but we're sorta simple here Beneath The Bit Oak, so in keeping with that "simple" theme I present my first (and maybe last) Tablescape Thursday!!!

I did this week's tablescape in the kitchen.  That's where us simple folks eat most of our meals.  We're doing it Italian style this week, but I didn't want to get to fancy, smancy with it (as if I could), so I kept the dishes simple (there's that word again)and added a few things from my cookbook hutch. I love the olives in the jar and the little pizza man.  The blue Asolo dish was a little trinket we brought back from our wedding in Asolo, Italy!
Amore1
The glasses are actually stem-less wine glasses, but I thought they looked cute on the table and the little ones will be able to use them really well!

I think the little soup bowls came from the dollar store for about $2 each.  Not bad!
amore3

Now, I love these plates!  I picked them up years ago at TJMaxx on the clearance rack! They are like little postcards from Tuscany, too cute!
amore2

I just stacked a couple of my Italian cookbooks up to give a little height...not much though, cause the kiddos have to be able to see over it.
amore4


Well,  there you have it, my first Tablescape Thursday.  I hope I didn't embarrass myself too bad.
006
I think we'll enjoy eating our soup and sandwiches here tonight!










3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your first tablescape gets first prize! I love the theme...Italian!

Please don't let it be your last!
Can't wait for you to share more tablescapes and invite us back "Beneath the Big Oak".

Anonymous said...

Love the picture of Madi and Daddy in the gas truck.....


Where is the Foodie Friday?????

Susan (Between Naps On The Porch.net) said...

YAY! I've been wanting to see this tablescape! It's wonderful! Love your woven chargers and those plates are darling! Great centerpiece...so perfect for this table setting! Holly, feel free to link it to TT tonight...too good for folks to miss it!
Susan