Anyway,what may seem to others, like a boring afternoon spent looking at an old brick structure and cannons and casements... ..is for me...Heaven!
I recently(with my sweet, patient hubby) visited Old Fort Jackson in Savannah. I can't believe that on all of my visits to Savannah over the years...that I missed Fort Jackson!

This is the view of the fort across (what once was) rice fields.

It's located on the beautiful Savannah River. *a perfect spot to watch for an enemy attack*

Walking in..I can't help but think of all that's happened within these walls!


A view from the ramparts. The reenactment is about to begin! *nerd alert*

I love touring the casements...it feels kinda spooky.
Do you think this cannon was loud?

I had such a wonderful time at Old Fort Jackson! I can't wait to take the children back...
I hope at least one of my children will inherit my love of forts!
I'm joining Susan for Outdoor Wednesday!



















7 comments:
Very cool! My family would love to visit this fort!
Well how fun that you featured one of my favorite places.. I love to go out there to take pictures..
Happy Outdoor Wednesday
hugs from Savannah, Cherry
so cool! my children would LOVE to go there!
Very cool...I share your love of forts. A few years back my husband and I went to the Bahamas and visited the old forts there. Great photos :0)
Oooh, that looks like fun!
Thanks for stopping by my blog. I hope you signed up for the giveaway. I added more links to the educational websites post.
Enjoy your day!
Janet
Hi!I just found your blog and I love it! I love history and one of my favorite places to go is Williamsburg...but my family does not feel the same way (I just bribe them with treats if they let me go to one more building!)
What a beautiful old fort. Looks like a wonderful trip!
Post a Comment