Menu Plan Monday

Monday, October 18, 2010

Happy Monday Y'all! It's another beautiful day here Beneath The Big Oak! We kicked off our Revival services at church last night and the way my past few weeks have been.....It couldn't have come at a better time....I'm in need of some 'reviving'~

With the week shaping up to be a little bit hectic, my menu this week won't be. I'm using a combination of quick, easy, 'borrowed' meals to make this week tasty, but Mom friendly!

Monday ~ Homemade Chili w/ mini-corn muffins

Tuesday~  Miz Helen's Pork Chop Dinner
                      w/ Rice and Green Peas *Miz Helen this looks sooo good*

Wednesday~ Marlboro Man Sandwiches w/ Sweet Potato Chips

Thursday~ Crouton Chicken w/ Green Beans, Pear Salad*
                   and Yeast Rolls

Friday~Mom needs a break night...Leftovers or Out to Dinner

Saturday~ BBQ Bacon Cheesburgers & French Fries

Sunday~Taco Bar...Fix your own!

* My kids love Pear Salad! People make it so many different ways, but I've always been partial to the kind I was 'raised' on;0)

*This pic is from FarmHouse Style...I didn't have one like this

Nothing fancy...just a canned or fresh pear half, a dollop of mayo, cheddar cheese and a cherry on top!

Simple. Good!

I changed it up a little when the kids were smaller. It's easier to fix and eat this way....


Pear Salad

Sliced pears, mayo and cheese all Mixed together! Yummo!

I'm sharing at An Organizing Junkie for Menu Plan Monday!


~Holly



3 comments:

Holly T. said...

Hi Holly! Great looking menu and blog! My kiddos would go nuts for that pear salad, I'll have to give it a try! Thanks so much for visiting my blog, too!
Take care,
Holly T.

Miz Helen said...

Holly,
Your menu looks great. I just love pear salad made like yours. I sure hope you enjoy your Pork Chop Dinner.
Thank you for sharing.

The Happy Homeschool Mom said...

Your menu sounds great! I like Friday night the best :)