Loaded Potato Bake

Friday, October 15, 2010

Who doesn't love a Loaded Baked Potato?  Something about potatoes, BBQ pork and sour cream all smothered in cheese....well, it's just meant to be!

I added a  Loaded Potato Bake to my menu this week. It's a quick fix meal that my family loves!


I start out by boiling my potaotes (I used red because that's what I had, but any potato will do) for about 15-20 mins. A quick fork test will tell you if they're done.   Then drain and pour them into a casserole dish.


LPB1
I usually leave the skin on my red potaotes;0) This is where I sprinkle a little salt...not too much!


Next, I add the BBQ! Good BBQ is not hard to find in the South, so I picked up a couple of pounds from a local restaurant. It's a sweet BBQ pork and it's deeeelish! I used about half for this dish and the rest will be used for sandwiches or soup!

Just cover the potatoes with it!!

LPB2

It's time for sour cream and cheese!!

I mix about 1 cup of sour cream and 1 cup of shredded cheddar together....then spread on top of BBQ!

Easy Peasy!    *I do add a little more cheese to the top after this step.*

You can NEVER have too much cheese.
Blog 179

Bake it in a 350 degree oven for about 20 minutes!  If the cheese isn't melted on top the way you like it...crank up the broiler for a couple of mins....

LPB4
It's Done!!! * yes, that's cracked black pepper you see...yummy!

LPB5
I served it with Green Beans and Garlic Toast!

I don't really have a 'recipe' for this dish, but here's what goes in it. (more or less...depending on size of dish)

For a 2 quart casserole dish....

8-10 red potatoes...washed, cut up & boiled
1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup sour cream
1 lb of shredded BBQ pork
salt & pepper to taste


Happy Foodie Friday! Stop by and be inspired to try new dishes!!




Holly




5 comments:

HaB said...

I have been waiting all week for you to post this!!!! It just sounded so delicious when you talked about it on Menu Plan Monday! It is definitely something I will be adding to our list of things to try in the coming weeks! Thanks so much!!

HollyC said...

HaB, trust me it's gooood! My family eats this with no fussing...which says a lot! It took so long to post this because I wanted to add photos. I hope you enjoy~
Holly

Unknown said...

Great new take on an old favorite!

Julie said...

This looks delicious! Anything with potatoes and cheese is good for me!!!

dtbrents said...

That's a beautiful dish. Would be good to take to potluck. Doylene