I'm still trying to find my 'menu planning style'. Meaning, that I can't figure out what type of planning is best for me... ie. weekly, bi-monthly, monthly..you get it. I'm trying the bi-monthly approach this month and I'm finding that it takes practice to menu plan.
What day to shop on? What about coupons? What about weekly specials?
The big shopping day around here is Wednesday, but since we've started homeschooling...it's hard for me to break away on Wednesday to shop (with two kids). I can't go on Wednesday night because we're at church. Hmmmm? What's a girl to do? On top of everything, I drive about 40 miles to shop! Yep, 40 miles with my igloo cooler and ice packs! Sad isn't it? We do have a small grocery store chain in my area, but I can't get half of the things I want, so. I. drive. It's worth it, but you can see why it may work better for me to do twice/month or once/month shopping.
We're trying out the local farmers market on Saturday mornings. It's a great way to get all my local produce and have a fun outing with the kids!
Anywho, this is what's cookin' Beneath The Big Oak this week...

* the bowl of soup was from my menu last week! It was yummy!
Happy Menu Plan Monday!
Holly



















2 comments:
Loaded Potato Bake sounds super yummy! Do you mind sharing the recipe?
My menu planning varies depending on what's going on in my life at the time. I find monthly menu planning saves the most money, but shopping with 6 children it is not practical for me (their patience and mine wears out.) I 'm thinking of going back to bi-weekly. I want a week with no shopping! We have a 20 minute drive for our grocery shopping, so we go on Fridays since we have to be in town running errands.
Post a Comment