Dust To Decor... Part 3

Monday, February 28, 2011

Last week was Craaaazzzyyy around here!

School, church, birthday parties, house cleaning, yard work and the 'little remo project'...
kept us on our toes!

Good weather had my contractors working outside on a job that they needed to finish...

I was patient...

Sorta.

Anyway, we got back on track and I hope things will be moving along Quickly from now on!

Trim work was on deck during my last post.

Well, it's up and the rooms are starting to look alive again.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We decided to go with a wide plank board in my son's room.....

leaning toward a 'nature/outdoorsman' design theme

But...

Right at the last minute...He changed his mind!

I still kept the board.  I hope I'm not sorry!!
B's Room Trim 1

I chose wider baseboards for his and her rooms...

B's Room Trim 2

And a simple chair rail for the top.

Blog 024

The new room design is "Vintage Motocross"...

He wanted black walls...


But, I went with Benjamin Moore's... Kensington Blue for the bottom. It's a blue that doesn't have any green or red in it and it's almost black...just with a little more life!




 and Blanched Almond for the top and his bathroom.



I hate choosing paint...it's the worse part for me!!

Anyway...

The blue that's on his walls now, was his nursery color and he's now 7!

It's carried him from Raggedy Andy...To Transportation...

But, it's time for a change.


B's Room Trim 3

I hope this bottom section takes on a 'racing stripe' type attitude...But,

I want to keep it fun and fresh.

I fell in love with everything Serena and Lily had to offer.

These 'star sheets' are sooo cute!

I think I'll keep the duvets solid and add in pillows for interest.

I'll be adding punches of color with this type of 'vintage' artwork.

I'm not sure how everything will turn out, but he's really excited!

Next week....Girls Room!

I'm joining Susan for Met Monday!




3 comments:

Vintage Culler said...

I think your son's bedroom is going to look really great with your color choices and the wide boards. Love the blue that you chose! Looking forward to seeing the finished room.

Linda said...

I think everything sounds great for your son's room. We did that wide plank board for our sons when they were younger...it worked out very well for many years! I can't wait to see the finished room!

On Crooked Creek said...

Holly,
I love your motorcross theme for your son's room. As a mother. .. you rock! That blue is awesome. My son Bill always had a blue bedroom (still does and he's married). It helped him concentrate. He's a designing engineer for the largest aerosystem in the world! At age 13, he and his dad built a quarter pipe in the backyard for his diamond back bike. Encourage your son's creativity! Way to go Holly!
Fondly,
Pat