The Trouble Starts...
Right after Christmas, we had a little hot water heater trouble...It Leaked! A Lot!
We noticed water standing in the room where it was and quickly called someone to replace it.
Problem solved? Not quite.
About 2 weeks later I noticed a 'hump' in my son's bedroom floor.
My husband went under the house...nothing.
The carpet was dry, so nothing appeared different. Just the 'hump'.
Then my son called out one night (about 1 week later) that there was something black on the walls of his closet.
MOLD!
We quickly took everything out of his room that we could carry and closed his door.
Called the insurance company and in two days time, we started...
The Demolition...

They removed the carpet and started tearing up the wet floor.
I couldn't believe all the damage that was there and we hadn't even noticed!!
Then it started to smell...and I thought about taking a long vacation.

The walls (pieces of them) came down and started to reveal the damage the water had caused.

The hot water heater is located between the kid's 'Jack and Jill' style bathrooms...
...which is behind their closets.
You know what that means?
Bathrooms too!

My son's side got the most damage.
I'm not sorry to see the old floor go, but not this way!!
My daughter's bedroom and bath were slightly damaged, but will be remodeled too!
Can't do one without doing the other;o)

It took the clean up crew about 3 weeks from start to finsh.
I'm sad to say that I didn't get photos of the
8 large dryers that were in and under our house!
Running 24/7. Loud.
Did I mention a long vacation?
Anyway, we've moved on to part 2 of the re-do, so next week I'll share...
The Construction Crew
I'm sharing with Susan for Metamorphosis Monday!
Right after Christmas, we had a little hot water heater trouble...It Leaked! A Lot!
We noticed water standing in the room where it was and quickly called someone to replace it.
Problem solved? Not quite.
About 2 weeks later I noticed a 'hump' in my son's bedroom floor.
My husband went under the house...nothing.
The carpet was dry, so nothing appeared different. Just the 'hump'.
Then my son called out one night (about 1 week later) that there was something black on the walls of his closet.
MOLD!
We quickly took everything out of his room that we could carry and closed his door.
Called the insurance company and in two days time, we started...
The Demolition...

They removed the carpet and started tearing up the wet floor.
I couldn't believe all the damage that was there and we hadn't even noticed!!
Then it started to smell...and I thought about taking a long vacation.

The walls (pieces of them) came down and started to reveal the damage the water had caused.

The hot water heater is located between the kid's 'Jack and Jill' style bathrooms...
...which is behind their closets.
You know what that means?
Bathrooms too!

My son's side got the most damage.
I'm not sorry to see the old floor go, but not this way!!
My daughter's bedroom and bath were slightly damaged, but will be remodeled too!
Can't do one without doing the other;o)

It took the clean up crew about 3 weeks from start to finsh.
I'm sad to say that I didn't get photos of the
8 large dryers that were in and under our house!
Running 24/7. Loud.
Did I mention a long vacation?
Anyway, we've moved on to part 2 of the re-do, so next week I'll share...
The Construction Crew
I'm sharing with Susan for Metamorphosis Monday!



















No comments:
Post a Comment