Baked Bananas

Friday, February 5, 2010

I'm trying to make a change in my diet this year and so far, so good! I've started being alot more concerned about what goes in my mouth.  However, I do love a good dessert and so last night I made a healthy one!! Yay!  It's a take on Bananas Foster, but without all the "Foster" and it was some kinda good!!!

I found the recipe over at Gina's WW Recipes, so go pay her a visit and see what's cookin'! She has the best pictures and everything looks sooo good and bonus... It's good for you!


Start with slicing your bananas length wise and putting them into a baking dish.
BakedBanana1

Now add Honey & Cinnamon to the bananas..YUM!  (I added 2 teaspoons of honey for 6 slices)
BakedBananas2

Cover with tinfoil and place in a 400 degree oven for 15-20 mins. (depends on how soft you want them)
BakedBananas5

They come out lookin' like this!
(Almost forgot to take the after pic cause they were smellin' good & we started eating them right away!)
BakedBananas3


I served these over Vanilla Bean ice cream!
(O.K., maybe that wasn't so healthy, but Rome wasn't built in a day;o)
BakedBananas4
Whew, that was good!
This recipe was really easy, but tasted like I slaved over it.  It would make a great dessert for company and everyone will think you're a gourmet.

I'm linking this over to Designs By Gollum for Foodie Friday! Go check out all the wonderful dishes they're serving up over there!




Holly


10 comments:

Ladynred said...

This is looking good and yummy! I'm going for it tonight..TFS
Ham roll up asparagus

Debbiedoos said...

Oh those look good, good choices you are making!!~

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Those really do look good, and I think serving them over vanilla ice cream is the crowning touch!

I did bananas, too. ;-)

Happy Foodie Friday!

XO,

Sheila

Phyllis @Around the House said...

Man do those bananas look good I will have to try that tonight for our dessert, thanks for the wonderful easy recipe, yum yum

~Country Lady~ said...

Oh yummy!!

Patricia @ ButterYum said...

Oh yes, I can definitely imagine how yummy these would be served over vanilla bean ice cream.

:)
ButterYum

Anonymous said...

I am with you girlfriend, trying Gina's WW recipes has turned out to be another adventure and the good news the recipes taste good,and the RRman likes and can eat also!....I will be trying this recipe this weekend,cause you know I got bananas,honey and cinnamon,AND vanilla ice cream!

Rattlebridge Farm said...

Oh, this looks divine!

Dining Delight said...

I love simple recipes and especially ones that look as good as your "baked bananas"! Yummy! I really like vanilla ice cream served on something warm - wonderful!


DD

The Charm of Home said...

That looks really delicious!