I bought the old stand by "plastic kind", but couldn't quiet make myself like it. It would have done in a pinch, but I wanted it to be a little better than that.
We picked out two types of material a few weeks ago with every intention of taking it to someone who could "whip one out" for us, but alas... it's Monday and NO SLEEP MAT! So about 1:30 today I decided that I should be able to do this. I mean how hard can it be? Yeah, I don't sew, but I wanted it bad enough to try. Then....the light's go out for about 4 hours!
Anyway, lights come back on and Trevor comes home and I start sewing. After I figured out how to thread the machine and make it work (totally forgot the whole bobbin thing) this is what I got... Ready...
TADA!!!
Barrett's new sleep mat. (Don't look too close, it's not perfect)

Trains on one side, solid on the other, with a totally soft pillow!

It's long enough and he likes it!!!!
Dinosaur sleep mat here I come!
Holly


















2 comments:
I KNEW IT!!!!I KNEW IT!!! I knew you COULD!!!! I told you that I had absolutely no doubt, Holly you can do anything you set your mind too.,......That sleep mat looks professional, Mrs.Caroline Dawson ain't got doodly squat on you.,..shoot you'll be whipping out matching sun dresses for you and M.....Would you consider making my window treatments, John Glosson is tearing us a new one,lol. No I'm just kidding...You have enuf to worry about!!! Barrett looks like he may actually take a "nap" at "nap time"..he will be comfortable, thats for sure.
Thanks Jo! We may get to school and the other kids have Martha Stewart homemade sleep mats (made by Martha herself), but I am proud of his little train mat!
Post a Comment