Let The Games Begin!

Tuesday, December 21, 2010


Years ago, BC (before children) I hosted my first "Let The Games Begin" Christmas party!

 It was a small group of friends and family getting together to 'kick' off the holiday season with good food, good music and party games!

Over the years, I've had a few of these parties, but when the children came along... things changed.

Actually, a lot has changed, but I still find joy in traditions and the people who are a part of them!


I wanted to have my party this year right at the beginning of December, but with a remodel job lasting forevah...It really set me back!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
So...


This year I'm having a 'Christmas CARD Party'

We'll be enjoying good food, good music and 'playing cards'

Setback and Gin Rummy

I think it'll be a nice way to unwind and have fun and it will give me an excuse to use

this...


Punch Bowl

This was my birthday present from a dear, sweet gal pal!! 

She knows what I like!!

Punch Bowl2

We'll enjoy Eggnog out of this beauty and 'play' the night away!

Do you have any Christmas traditions that you've let slip by?


 
I'm joining Marty for Table Top Tuesday!



Merry Christmas!




8 comments:

Unknown said...

Holly...your milkglass punch bowl is a stunner!! Absolutely gorgeous and your card party sounds like my kind of fun :)

Thanks for your nice comments :)

CHRISTmas Blessings!
Gail

MJ said...

Hey Holly, thanks for stopping by and for your sweet comment. I will def hug the big guy for you and say thanks if you promise to wish ur hubs a very Happy Bday from us up her in NJ. I have to tell you that I LOVE LOVE the punch bowl (awesome friend) and Im a sucker for your nutcrackers. I collect them!! I have them displayed in the football room this year because too hectic upstairs.
I did a tree trimming party for the kids and the tree downstairs and Im thinking its gonna be a yearly thing for us we had a blast.
Happy Holidays to you and yours!!!

On Crooked Creek said...

Holly,
What a gorgeous punchbowl! I adore the Nutcracker decor in the background of your buffet! Enjoy your Christmas Card Party. . .perhaps when "Mr. Ed" retires we can begin a few Christmas Traditons without concern of the winter storms.
Thank you for your kind comment and for visiting On Crooked Creek.
stop by again, soon!
Fondly,
Pat

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

So pretty, what a beautiful punch bowl. Gorgeous. Thanks for joining TTT. I hope you and your family have a very Blessed Christmas. Hugs, Marty

Cass @ That Old House said...

What a spectacular punch bowl! I love the idea of a Christmas Card Party -- now I need to learn some games!

Our Christmas traditions have changed as our girls have gone from little ones up at 6am to see what Santa brought, to 20-somethings you have to blast out of bed with fireworks!

Cass

La Vie Quotidienne said...

Hello,

What a beautiful punch bowl...it must be fun have an occassion to use it. the card party sounds like lots of fun. I have some special friends that I try to fit in every Christmas...usually for dinner - it makes the holiday so much more fun and festive. Merry Christmas and thank you for stopping by and leaving such a nice comment.(-:

La Vie Quotidienne said...

...just me again because I scrolled down and saw the picture of your children and just had to come back and tell you how absolutely adorable they are. So, so cute.(-:

Karie said...

OMGoodness your milk glass punch bowl is gorgeous. Wow! What a great friend to give you that. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I so appreciate your comment. Hope you will come back again. I will be sure to visit you often. Have a very Merry Christmas.