Cranford Cottage

Thursday, September 30, 2010

We've added a new member to our family...


CranfordCottage
 She's about 111 years old, but..She's a beauty...inside & out!

We've all got plans for this little lady...

Bear wants to move in so he can explore all the rooms, stairs & little hidden doors and live in town.

Little Miss thinks its a big doll house just for her.

I'm dying to paint the porch ceiling the perfect shade of Haint Blue.

and

Daddy wonders why. in. the. world. he bought another house!!

We'll enjoy her for now...and see what happens.

* Cranford was the name of the previous owner & it had been in his familiy since the early 1900s...I started calling  the house Cranford Cottage and it's sorta stuck. I think it fits well.

Holly


10 comments:

Ms. Bake-it said...

She is gorgeous Holly! I love her colors and that porch is to die for! I am looking forward to a peek inside.

~ Tracy

Debbiedoos said...

Congrats to you Holly, how beautiful that is indeed!

Cass @ That Old House said...

What a charming old gal.
I love her!
Cass

Unknown said...

What a beautiful house! I just love the porch, the parties I would have on that porch - enjoy it!!! If you tell me the property has a stram, I may just swoon (my particular dream).

Kathleen said...

How lovely! I wish you lots of luck with it! I don't have the energy for that anymore!

Anonymous said...

Holly,I've just scrolled down my dashboard and discovered this post.I know this house!
WOW at the possibilities!..Thinking of moving into town? OR,....SOMEONE?

HollyC said...

Hey Jo! Moving to town? Aaargh! Never! lol! Moving in Someone? No way, No how!! It's a project...for now. I'm thinking Christmas parties & luncheons..extra space for guests....unle$$ someone wants her really bad!!

Anonymous said...

Oh I forgot,ROTFLMBO!,Haint Blue!
It is a MUST!..when you have something that has been around 100years +,you never know whats "LURKING",and too it's a SOUTHERN THANG!..HAINT BLUE, it will keep all the "bad thangs":bugs,moths,all those pesky varmints away!,and Haint's can't cross water, which is as you know why it is the color of water.

Anita@Theycallmejammi said...

Beautiful...can't wait till you start stamping her with your own personal touches.

Vintagesouthernlife said...

Congratulations! She is gorgeous!