It's A Bird...

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

...It's a Plane

...It's my brother-in-law!

I stepped onto the back deck Monday evening to snap a picture of the beautiful evening sky. As I looked up and focused I noticed a plane coming directly toward the house.  Flying very low! I took the picture and then totally forgot the camera as the plane came closer and closer.  I was an instant from freaking out when I saw who it was!

Cleve1

He tipped his wings and buzzed on by...only then did my heart start to beat again.

Whew! Planes should not be flown that close to my roof!

Cleve2

It did add a little 'something' to my evening sky photo. 

I'm joing in Outdoor Wednesday. Stop by a visit Susan and enjoy all the outdoor posts!


Holly



12 comments:

Cindy said...

Holly, What a great time to have your camera out and ready to snap a photo! And it was a wonderful photo, especially with that lovely sky in the background.
Hugs, Cindy

Unknown said...

what an amazing sky! the whole scene with the fence and low-flying plane is simply fantastic.

Kathy Walker said...

Wow! I must admit if I saw a plane coming I would definitely take pause! Beautiful sky.

Linda said...

What perfect timing you had with your camera at the ready! Those are lovely photos!

Anonymous said...

Holly that evening sky is sooooo pretty,I'm a sucker for these types of pictures.

Anonymous said...

Oh, thank you so much for visiting LazyonLoblolly on the top porch,but mostly thanks for the comment,and me too,I love Autumn colors.

Lady Farmer said...

Amazing how you were taking the photo just as your brother was flying by! Beautiful pics!
Thanks for stopping by my place and for commenting on my Outdoor Wednesday post!
Blessings!

Lady Farmer said...

Oh! And Thanks, Holly, for becoming a follower! :~D

Nonnie said...

Holly, you should sent this to some kind of photo contest! Not sure but maybe the Perry Fair? What about our tree decorating contest? When is the date?

Mama

Nonnie said...

Holly,

You should send this to the Perry Fair photo contest. What do you think? Speaking of the Perry Fair, when is the tree contest?

Love
MamA

Debbiedoos said...

WOW what a moment huh...what a great picture Holly. So nice to see you, hope you are inspired for Fall.

Anonymous said...

I thought I was following Beneath The Big Oak,all this time until I realized I had clicked on Under The Big Oak blog.I'm so ditzy!..BTW there is a blog Under The Big Oak too.(*O*)