A Fall Party!

Friday, September 17, 2010

I'm joining Marty over at A Stroll Thru Life for her Fall Cloche Party! It would probably work out better if I actually had any cloches! I don't know why I haven't been planning for this...I knew it was coming and that I would love to participate.  Alas, today came and surprise...No Cloches in the house.   
So, after reading some of the 'cloche party' posts this morning (and seeing that a few other ladies didn't have a exubrant amount of cloches lying around) I decided to give it a try.  Remember, I did say TRY!

I gathered what I could find that may work...
cloche 035
Apothecary jars, dessert cups, candle holders, nuts, fruit, pumpkins, cake stands, candlesticks and anything else I could round up!


Trifle bowl with pinecones...
cloche 040


Candle stand with Dollar Tree vase filled with pears...
cloche 039

Glass turned upside down on candlestick filled with fuzzy, fruity, nutty, thingys...
cloche 048

Cake dome sitting on wicker charger plate with fall leaves and corn...
cloche 052

Hurricane vase filled with more fuzzy, fruity, nutty, thingys...
cloche 064

And guess what?

cloche 070
I had one...just one!

Holly



13 comments:

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh how fun, I love it. I am so thrilled with your cloche, it is so pretty and the stand is stunning, however the things that you improvised with are way too cute and ingenius. I love it when you think outside the box. All of your vignettes are wonderful So much fun. Thanks so much for joining the party. Hugs, Marty

Cathy~Mille Fleur said...

What a lovely fall display and the cloches...wonderful! I adore all of the fall elements you selected! I think my favorite is the jar filled with pears...sooooo pretty!

Enjoy!
Cathy

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

Very festive! Looks like you had fun with this, and it worked out great! Love your earthy elements!

Dining Delight said...

Very creative of you to come up with so many "make-shift cloches" - I had to do the same! I really admire your collection of various pillar candlestick holders in this post and your previous one where you made dinner for your mom's bday - loved the black trio of them in your centerpiece!

DD

Lynn said...

Your little cloche is adorable!

Anonymous said...

That looks like you had lots of fun,I don't have any cloche,but looks like as much fun as you had,I'm going to be on the hunt for one,or more,hehee.

Boomer Pie. said...

How colorful and festive. Are you related to Martha Stewart?! Very creative.Don't you just love fall? Oh I signed up to follow you under the big oak. Stop by my place and join the party.

Thoughtfully Blended Hearts said...

I love your fall decorations...the cloches are so pretty with the fallish items!!! I always love seeing the Indian corn!!!

Rosanne said...

Very creative! love it all!

Kitty Deschanel said...

Looks great! It sounds to me like it's time for you to do some cloche shopping ;)

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

Thanks for your visit -- I love decorating for fall -- all those gorgeous colors. I really enjoyed all that you've shown -- great idea with the trifle bowl!

Anita@Theycallmejammi said...

Creative ideas for your cloches. Love the glass on the candlestick.

dtbrents said...

I love all the pictures of fall decorations. My daughter in law decorates for fall but all I do is take a drive to the Ozarks to see the beautiful trees. I don't think they will be pretty this year. Doylene