I watch the seasons change in the field across my back fence. When fall rolls around you can usually find this field full of cotton plants...waiting to loose their brown leaves.
Our pecan orchard turns into a magical place where leaves are always falling and where you'll find the ever diligent Mr. Willie D keeping our place looking nice.
I just love the smell of the burning leaves & limbs and the way the cotton is just starting to peak out from its boll.

You may have to remind me how much I love that cotton...when it's all over my yard at pickin' time!
I'm linking with Mosaic Monday over at Little Red House. Stop by for a visit with Mary and see all the beautiful Mosaic Monday posts.
Holly


















7 comments:
You have a spectacular back yard Holly. Cotton wow that is cool to have. My Savannah friend would love that.
A beautiful property...a cotton field in your back yard...different...I remember cotton having a distinctive smell!!!
Oh Holly, that view IS magical. What I wouldn't give to have such a limitless view as that -- instead of other people's houses!
Gorgeous photography, too -- wonderful autumn tones. Just beautiful .. thanks for sharing!
Cass
Your pictures are beautiful. Thanks for sharing. Doylene
Beautiful photos. I love the mosaic!
Pecans and cotton - two things I've never seen outside of a shelf in a store. your photos are beautiful - I'm glad I had a chance to visit through Mosaic Monday.
How cool it must be to have cotton in the backyard. I have corn, but not for much longer - it's due to be cut down in the next few weeks.
Post a Comment