A Second Look

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Lately, I find myself noticing "for the first time" things that have always been there! Like a tree in my side yard that we never pay any attention to, became a perfect place for taking pictures last week and the fact that my neighbor, down the road, has the most amazing Camilla bushes in her yard. 
Ordinary things, that given a chance, become extraordinary!

I went out of town last weekend on a quick overnight trip, to a place I've been dozens of times.  I usually do the same things while I'm there, but this trip was a little different..I guess I was a little different.  Anyway, as I was taking a walk around the property I found myself on the top of the parking garage.  Not very exciting, but when I saw the view It provided me...I was so glad I stopped to take a Second Look!

Tampa Skyline
The Tampa skyline at sunset!

Stop and take a second look around this week.  You may like what you see!

I'm linking this to Outdoor Wednesday at A Southern Daydreamer. Stop by and take a look at all the wonderful posts!

Holly


5 comments:

Debbiedoos said...

That is great! It is true, now that I am blogging I notice things I just never did before...like shadow shots, how cool are they? Beautiful sky line!

Helena said...

I'm finding the same thing ... Reflections are the biggie for me ... I'm always looking for the reflection in things now where I would've just passed by before.

Light and Voices said...

Fantastic skyline photograph.
Joyce M

Holly Lefevre said...

So true. I am trying to stop and sit and really take in things more. There is beauty all around...we just have to notice it.

Anonymous said...

Hey, I know this "skykine", and I didn't even have to take
"A Second Look",hehe....it is beautiful, but your right, once we slow down and begin to really take in the views we begin to appreciate things and we seem to notice all the reflections and shadows, it's amazing!
P.S. "HAPPY BIRTHDAY MADI"
March 4th, 2010.When and Where is the "PARTY"???????? Tell her Jo says,"HEY", she thinks I'm nutty.
Me thinks I'm nutty too!!!!!