A Walk In The Park

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

A few weeks back, I took the kids to a State Park near our home.  We had a wonderful day exploring and playing and learning (you can always sneak that in) and taking pictures!! I sometimes forget that you don't have to travel to some exotic location for a good time.  All it took for us was...

A Walk In The Park!


ducks

Alligator



Madileaf


Canoe

I'm linking this post to A Southern Daydreamer for Outdoor Wednesday.  Stop by and visit with Susan and enjoy all the outdoor posts!




Holly


10 comments:

LV said...

You have a great outdoor post today and one you shared with family. You are right, it is not always what cost so much that is important.

Lori E said...

Okay the sign is joking right? Are there really alligators there? And you take a canoe out? Oh my! Not me.

♥ Kathy said...

The alligator sign would have sent me running lol I hope you had a great St. Patrick's Day and Outdoor Wednesday :)

Teresa's New Life said...

So tranquil until I saw the alligator sign! LOL! What a lovely way to spend the day with the children.

Debbiedoos said...

Gorgeous! I love the big Leaf! When we lived in S. Florida, my Mom would send me leaves during the fall season....

HollyC said...

Yes! The sign is for real!!!

Alligators (among other things) are pesky critters you have to look out for in the South! I have a dream of moving to Alaska, but I don't think that's gonna happen any time soon! LOL! It would be nice to live in a place with NO reptiles. I'll try to do an Okefenokee Swamp post one of these days...that's always a treat;0)

Regina said...

Beautiful photos!
Great and wonderful wonderful outdoor.

Ms. Bake-it said...

Looks like a great park to spend the day. Have you gone canoeing there? I love canoeing and kayaking.

~ Tracy

Jessa said...

Very cool. Alligators! Yikes, I don't live anywhere near them so that was an interesting photo to see!

Denise said...

Alligators! oh my gosh, not sure I'd want to be wandering around there. Love the pics :-)