Midnight Masquerade

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

It's Prom time around these parts and somehow I got dragged asked to help my Mom decorate for the Senior Walk at her school.  She's not a Junior class sponser, but the kids and class sponsers really wanted her to help them this year, so she said yes.  I spent last Thursday and Friday helping her transform the gym into a presentable Senior Walk. The actual dance was in the cafeteria and it was transformed as well!  With it being a small school and with prom funds virtually nonexistent, we used what we had and I think it turned out pretty good! 

The theme this year was Midnight Masquerade!SeniorWalk2


It's hard to make a gym seem cozy, but when the lights were low...It did!

SeniorWalk1
The kids made their grand entrance and were introduced with their dates to make the "Senior Walk" in front of hundreds of visitors.  Then after the walk, the visitors left and the kids moved into the cafeteria for the Prom!  Fun Times!
Holly


4 comments:

jninecostumes said...

This is a great "beautifying" of a plain old gym. Takes me back to the 80's! Thanks for visiting my blog.

Brenda Pruitt said...

Ah, the prom. I never got to attend mine. Didn't seem important at the time. But in many ways, I wish I had.
Brenda

Debbiedoos said...

Holly that looks awesome!!~ Oh what fun those seniors will have....does not seem that long ago...but it was for me!!~

Debbiedoos said...

Hi Holly.....I am just wondering I have tried going over to Jo's blog several times and it is not popping up....is it my computer or did something happen to her blog? Have a great day:)