Drying Out

Friday, April 3, 2009

I checked the rain gauge this morning and we got 5 inches yesterday! I would have guessed more, but that's plenty! Our total rainfall amount here at the house, from last Friday to today, has been around 18inches. We. Are. Wet.

The picture below is looking out to the pecan orchard from our deck.
The only green that I could see yesterday was the small patch right at the edge of the pool. The yard, orchard and field were totally covered in water! I guess the water is finding somewhere to go because it is slowly soaking in...

The kids are going crazy to play in this. We may put on our rain boots and give it a go!

Holly


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is so wild,(you're thinking), because that is what me and GC did.,We donned our rubber boots, and got out to look over, and walked through the puddles, it was so much fun, something about walking in the puddles and not getting your feet wet, just makes anybody(old or young)feel amazing.