
We took a fun trip to the Agrirama Saturday. It was a historic trip back to the past for us.
The historic buildings that are gathered there are representative of rural life in Georgia during the nineteenth century and it shows the interdependence between farm and town dwellers.
Having read Mike Mulligan and His Steam Shovel last week, it was a real treat to see that most everything in an "1800's" town was run off of steam power. In the picture the kids are standing in front of a 1896 Lummus Gin powered by a Frick 110 horsepower steam engine (made in Columbus Georgia). The Cotton Gin was just one example of the use of steam power in the town.
We may take this opportunity to learn a little more about steam power and how it was used.
Holly


















1 comment:
I love reading and learning right along with the little people, the post are so educational, and I must admit alot that I don't know,.
Thanks for being so informative.
BUT! Edward singing in the back ground is a little distracting,lol.
Post a Comment