Brothers

Friday, November 12, 2010

I was talking with a friend yesterday as we worked on a church project together and she spoke of a few issues within her family and the fact that the brothers don't always get along. It got me to thinking about my hubby and his brother. 

For the 11 years that I've been in this family, their relationship has been fascinating to watch. They work together every day in a high stress situation and they make it work! No fighting, no fussing, no competition, no greed or envy or jealousy...just a constant respect for one another and for the business that they run.

Do they ever have issues? Probably. Do I ever hear about them? Never.  They know each other on a level that I will never understand...and I'm okay with that! 

The funny thing is ...they are soooo different!

My husband is the 'color inside the lines' kinda guy while little brother is all over the page!

They're like salt and pepper, oil and vinegar, cheese and crackers...they each have their own unique flavor, but they work so well together!

One has the roots and the other the wings!


This is my husband *on right* and his little brother.  *Well, maybe not so little, but younger brother*
T & C

As Thanksgiving draws near, I'm thankful that my husband has his brother.

A brother shares childhood memories and grown-up dreams. 
~ Author Unknown


Holly


2 comments:

Thoughtfully Blended Hearts said...

This is a beautiful tribute to your husband and his brother but also to their parents!!!

My Cozy Corner said...

What a wonderful post. I would like to wish you the best Thanksgiving as you gather with your family. You deserve the best.
And, thanks for visiting My Cozy Corner.
xo
Betty