Tasty Weekend!

Sunday, May 2, 2010

The theme this weekend was...FOOD! Yep, it seems that all weekend long..all we did was EAT!

Friday night kicked off the food fest with a trip to our local "it's so far out in the country...it better be good" steak restaurant.   It was an early birthday dinner for my Step-Dad.  Oh yeah, it was good!

Saturday, we had a family reunion that lasted most of the day and for any of you that's never attended a southern family reunion... well, bless your hearts!

Saturday night was Papa's big party..complete with cows on his birthday cake! Family and friends joined in for one heck of a good time.  BBQ was on the menu! YUM!!

I'll be on a salad and water diet for the next few weeks, but I'll have fond memories of our...

Tasty Weekend!

Cake1

I'll leave you with this...A slice of chocolate cake...one of the many cakes at the Reunion! 

It's 30 layers !!!

Holly


3 comments:

Debbiedoos said...

I have to say I love weekends like that!

Sarah said...

30 layers! Wow, now that is a cake. I've been scrolling up and down through your blog. You have the most amazing photos to share. I've added myself as a new follower and look forward to many more visits.

Nola said...

Wow, you should post the recipe for that cake! I've never seen or tasted one with 30 layers.