In The Greenhouse...

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

My Mama is a 'Master Gardener'...she loves it!!  Working in her yard is where you'll find her when she's not teaching school.  One of favorite things is her greenhouse.  Papa built it for her a few years ago and it's like her second home.  If I had more of a green thumb, I could tell you what she's got going on in there, but I don't have a clue.  I know she can bring plants I kill back to life and she can grow wonderful tomatoes and strawberries...that I love to eat, but if I had to name and identify all the various plants that's in there....well, fagetaboutit!

Greenhouse6
There's about twenty white buckets per row and three rows! You can grow a lot in this space!

Greenhouse1
These are strawberries! These will look sooo pretty when they start to climb upward and start blooming! The misters that you see keep them nice and damp and its a fun time in the greenhouse.


Here's Mama (with her eyes closed) with one of her homegrown beauties!  You'll notice that she's got a lot going on in here!  She says she's got a lot of cleaning to do, but it looks fine to me!  Ever had brunch in a greenhouse?  Well, you should come visit with my Mama.  She loves to entertain out there!
Greenhouse2


A closer look.
Greenhouse3


Did you think that you couldn't save your Christmas Poinsettias?  You can!! Well, Mama does!
She can't stand to see people just throw them out...so she rescues them and keeps them alive all summer.  Then come Christmastime....They're everywhere!!
Greenhouse4


I do enjoy the blooming flowers...
Greenhouse5
...and I enjoy being in the Greenhouse...as long as the lizards stay away!

Holly

I'm linking this to A Southern Daydreamer for Outdoor Wednesday! Stop by and visit with Susan and see all the wonderful outdoor posts.




3 comments:

Bonnie said...

What fun to spend the day in that amazing greenhouse. Your mom has a true gift to grow those beauties.

Nola said...

I'm a master gardener too, and I'd be right at home in your mama's greenhouse.

Holly Lefevre said...

I am completely in awe and inspired as well. And Mama can keep her poinsettias! I try...