St. Marys

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

We recently made a visit to St. MaryS ...a small, quaint community on the Georgia coast.  If you're looking for a small town with tons of charm...this. is. it!  It's so historic and if you can tear yourself away from the water...the shopping is FAB!
The scenery is breathtaking!St. Mary's1


Everything is so serene! I could sit there for hours watching the boats come and go.
St. Mary's2

The town is so welcoming and it's a perfect place to walk around and enjoy an ice cream cone!
St. Mary's4

We haven't been here in a few years, but we've got to plan another visit soon!! St. Mary's 5

We hope to take the ferry, on our next visit, over to Cumberland Island ...to see the wild horses!!
St. Mary's3

I'm joining in Outdoor Wednesday over at A Southern Daydreamer!  Stop by and visit with Susan and check out all the wonderful Wednesday posts!



Happy Wednesday.

Holly


5 comments:

Ms. Bake-it said...

Great photos! St. Mary's looks like a very nice place. The next time I am on the Georgia coast, I will be sure to plan a visit to St. Mary's.

~ Tracy

EG CameraGirl said...

I LOVE photos of water and boats. And St. Mary's sounds and looks GREAT!

Debbiedoos said...

I would love to visit a place like that, not too far I bet from us either. Thanks for commenting on my last post, it was just a whim, I will stick with it for a while....have a great night!

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Thanks for stopping by and the sweet comment. I love St. Mary's, too. In fact we started to buy property in Osprey Cove, I think it is called, but we changed our mind and backed out. Glad we did since the economy got bad we would have had a hard time paying for that property and all the yearly dues that came with it. St. Mary's is such a nice quaint picturesque town.

Americana Lady said...

This is definitely a gorgeous place! I have not been to Georgia but would like to visit some day. I find being next to a body of water relaxing too. The beauty just encompasses me. Thanks for visiting my blog today. Have a good weekend! Joan