Surprise, Surprise. . .Surprise!

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

So, the other day I was in line at school to pick up my little man.  I had the car running so my little lady could watch her movie "Princess & The Frog" (loves it)! Anyway, for what ever reason (I now know it was the good Lord) I turned the car off.  Now, it was almost 3 o'clock and the car had been running for about 20 minutes, but anyway I switched it off and then's when we heard it.....Kittens!!!

We got out to investigate, thinking that they may be in the bushes, but no such luck.  Can you guess where they were??? Yep, under the hood of my car! YIKES, YIKES and Double YIKES!  So there I stand with an upset little girl and no idea what to do.  Did I mention that I was first in line with about fifty cars behind me?? 

Anywho, along comes the sweetest young man (I believe he's a senior this year) and stops to help me .  He promptly pops my hood (while we turn our heads) and tells me there are 3 kittens under there and that's all...and they're all alive!! ( I love country boys who aren't afraid of anything) Did I mention that I live about 8 miles from the school?? How did they survive?  He calls over a friend of his and they retrieve all the kittens and place them in a plastic tub I had in the car.  Did I mention that it's now past 3 o'clock and school has turned out and kids are everywhere trying to see what's happening and the parents are getting out of their cars to check on the hold up...?????  They were hot, hot, hot and I wasn't sure that they would make it home and if they did I didn't know what to do with them.  Did I mention that we don't have a female cat????

So, we went straight to the vet's office with a box full of hot, half-dead kittens just praying all the way that they would live.  Our sweet, wonderful veterinarian checked them out and gave them droppers full of water and sent us on our way with milk replacement and bottles!! Now what??

Well, as luck would have it we found the mama cat!!! Yay!! Thank the Lord!! She was a cat that was given to us about a year ago and had run away about a couple of weeks later. She must have been living with my neighbor this whole time, but now she's back with her three little surprises!

Kitties
Please meet our three new additions! We have two girls and a boy.

Kitty2
Meet LuLu!  (she's mine)

I think Little Miss named the white one "Snowball" and the little boy is still waiting on his name. When they get a little older, we're gonna take them back to the vet, so he can check them out and then we're gettin' their mama FIXED!!!

Holly


3 comments:

Nola said...

At least one of those kittens should be named Miracle! Wow, they are so lucky, and bless you for saving them.

Debbiedoos said...

Welcome little miracle kitties, they where meant to be....little LuLU is precious!

Anonymous said...

Look at that cute face!