Do you have a favorite cookbook?
Now, I don't mean a book that you just like to look at...I mean one you use! I have a fairly nice collection of cookbooks, that I read like the latest bestseller, but there is only one that I use. I mean really, really use. It's my Rocky Pond Baptist Church... um, cookbook. It was a Christmas gift back in 1999 from my MIL. I was recently married and she probably thought I was going to starve her son...just kidding. If there's one thing we do well around here...it's eat!

Can you tell I use it?
Anyway, I love this thing. It has all the comfort food that you could want. Perfect dishes for any occasion!
Everything from Wedding Punch to Winter Salad! (which btw..is deelish)

I love trying out the recipes from all these talented Ladies *and men*.
You haven't lived until you try the "Deep Dish Taco Squares" or "Aunt Violet's Meat Loaf"!

I needed something easy for dinner the other night, so to *The Book* I went! I'd never tried my hand at Quiche before, but I had all the ingredients for the Hamburger Quiche recipe. Well, it was wonderful and best of all...my children loved it!

Hamburger Quiche
1 unbaked 9-inch pie shell 1 Tbsp. cornstarch
1/2 lb. hamburger 1 1/2 c. grated cheddar cheese
1/2 c. mayonnaise 1/3 c. chopped onion
1/2 c. milk salt and pepper
2 eggs
Brown meat and onions in skillet and drain. Set aside. Blend mayonnaise, milk, eggs and cornstarch. Stir in meat, onions, cheese, salt and pepper. Pour into pie shell and bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown and knife comes out clean when inserted into the middle.
Enjoy!
I'm linking this to Foodie Friday over at Designs by Gollum!
Holly



















7 comments:
Sounds like a lovely book - it's wonderful to have things like that. The recipe looks yummy too.
I love old cookbooks, and am currently going through some that my parents left me, along with my Mom's recipe file. It's a wonderful project and is bringing back lots of great memories.
Hamburger quiche Yum yum! I love food and wine cookbooks all of them. Thanks for popping in Holly always nice to see you
I love cookbooks that come from those we know. they are usually tried and true recipes. Your's looks like an alternate way to eat a cheeseburger, yummy. Your book definitely looks loved! Joan
I have a nice collection of church cookbooks. There are some real treasure to be found inside.
:)
ButterYum
Most of my favorite recipes come from two cookbooks that I own, both of which are church cookbooks. The recipes are crowd pleaser types.
That quiche recipe looks like a crowd pleaser as well!
I love to read cookbooks, too. The ones put together by groups like churches and civic organizations are the best, because you KNOW they are tried and true!
I must try that hamburger pie, it looks different
Post a Comment