Project!

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

The children receive a National Wildlife Federation magazine every month and they love it!
We read and re-read everything and they get a chance to ask what seems like hundreds of questions about animals all over the world. I thought since they are at the age where their love for animals is so great, it would be a perfect opportunity to jump into a wildlife project:-)

The NWF sponsors a program called the National Wildlife Federation's Certified Backyard Habitat. It's where families, schools, businesses, etc. can make their "backyard" wildlife certified. We would become recognized in the NWF's national registry and receive a certificate and other things, but the most important thing is the children will learn to appreciate the wildlife that lives right here with us by providing them food, water, cover and a place to raise their young. Too Cool!

I'll let you know when we begin our project and keep you updated.

Holly

Turn your yard into a haven for wildlife


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That sounds great,GC has been working on that project down loblolly lane for years.

I receive a news letter from Arbor Day Foundation, have been a member for years, I would love to go to Nebraska and stay at Lied Lodge,there is adventure/activities/discovery ride/tree house/apple jack festival.arborday.org/liedlodge
This would be a great field trip for MP & BD. And us. And BD could take airplane ride.,lol