China & The Olympics

Tuesday, August 12, 2008



I thought since the Olympics are being held in China over the next few weeks, It would be a good time for a little interest led learning. We have been watching the games as much as possible and Madi has decided (like her mother) that she loves watching Michael Phelps swim! Barrett likes pretty much every game, so far.

It just so happens that last month's National Geographic was entirely on China, so it has really been easy to read about the great diversity and steep history of the Nation. From the Ming dynasty to the new architectural brilliance of the National Stadium, It could take a lifetime to discover all the mysteries of China, but we'll have fun learning some!


Holly


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I pulled out the National Geo issue on China to do a little re-read,I have a great respect for this magazine, National Geo, has never failed to interest,and excite, with the possibilities of travel in my mind.