Poolside Lunch

Thursday, June 17, 2010

We're in the summer spirit here Beneath The Big Oak! The kids would live in the pool if I would let them, but being outside isn't the way I like to spend my afternoons....It is HOT!

When I say HOT...I mean H.O.T. here in Georgia.

Today, I've set our table for a poolside lunch.  Well, the children kicked and screamed asked sooo nicely, so I just had to make them happy.summer1 017
All of the dishes came from the Dollar Tree! Perfect for an outside lunch. Everything except the serving tray and bowl are plastic.

The two serving pieces came from TJ Maxx some years ago.  I just love the hand painted fish tray. I have two of those and I use them a lot during the summer.
summer1 020

The 'silverware' is plastic! Doesn't it look real?
summer1 018
I'm going to serve the kids hot dogs in the corn trays.  They work great for that!

summer1 024

We're ready to burst into flames swim and then we'll have lunch!
summer1 019

summer1 016


...But the main thing is trying to Stay Cool!!
summer1 023

Holly


I'm joining in Tablescape Thursday over at Between Naps on The Porch! Stop by and visit with Susan and check out all the wonderful tablescapes




16 comments:

Marigene said...

I love your poolside blue and green table!

The Decorative Dreamer said...

Hi Holly! Thanks so much for stopping by and your sweet comments! I just love your setting..the one behind your tablescape! LOL! I'm just kidding this is very cute! And so cool that you were able to get these from the dollar store. I love that place! This looks so very refreshing in everyway! I especially love the icey's in the vase. So adorable!

The Decorative Dreamer said...

Hi Holly! Thanks so much for stopping by and your sweet comments! I just love your setting..the one behind your tablescape! LOL! I'm just kidding this is very cute! And so cool that you were able to get these from the dollar store. I love that place! This looks so very refreshing in everyway! I especially love the icey's in the vase. So adorable!

Lynn said...

Fun setting and your pool looks soooo inviting! It's hot here in Philly too!

Beth said...

Holly, That is a stunning table! Just love the blue and green together. Love the popsicles too - how colorful and enjoy your pool!
Blessings, Beth

Charo said...

So inviting, beautiful setting so fresh near the pool.

Hugs
Charo

Cynthia said...

What a fun treat for everyone, lunch by the pool. Thanks for sharing your lovely table.

Miss Janet said...

Just delightful!

Janet

Hey, I'm having a giveaway on my homeschool blog. Come see!

www.homeschoolercafe.blogspot.com

Allison {A Glimpse Inside} said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog on my first tablescape!
Your tablescape is cute as well. Looks like we both had the blue and green theme in mind. Love the fish platter. Super cute! Can I come play in that awesome pool of yours? lol

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

Maybe that pretty combination of blues and greens cooled you off a little - if not, that pretty pool could do the trick. What a great idea to use the corn trays for hot dogs. I'm going to be using that idea. Love that blue stemware. laurie

Paige Thomas King said...

Okay . . . don't you love the Dollar Tree?!? Pair the things you find there with more expensive items and your dollar sure does stretch. My favorite thing, though, is the way you placed the flowers around the base of the umbrella!
By the way, thanks for visiting my post.

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

Oh fun! And your colors look so cool -- don't you just love dollar store loot! Fun.

Requi Tablescaping Escapades said...

Your hues of blue and green go so well with the water in the pool. I like how you put the rainbow freeze pops in the vase - cute.

Requi

Americana Lady said...

The backdrop can't be lovelier! A lunch your children will always remember... Keep your flag-a-wavin'...Joan

Johanna Gehrlein said...

Oh my God, what a BLUE. Really adorable. Look like holidays and sunshine. Very nice.
greetings, Johanna

Shannan Martin said...

I am digging that ice pop thingy! I may need to go dig one out at this very moment... :)