Fort Caroline

Wednesday, June 23, 2010





We go to Jacksonville all the time, but didn't even know this National Park was there! Anyway, it was a nice, quite walk through Florida's history.
Fort4


Fort3



Fort6




Fort5
Fort Caroline memorializes the short-lived French presence in sixteenth century Florida.


Here you will find stories of exploration, survival, religious disputes, territorial battles, and first contact between American Indians and Europeans.

I'm linking this to Outdoor Wednesday over at A Southern Daydreamer. Stop by and visit with Susan and see all the wonderful outdoor posts.



Holly


2 comments:

Michelle said...

I live an hour away from there and never have been...so sad. I'll have to mke a point of going there soon.

My Slice of Heaven said...

This is the first time I have visited your blog and just had to leave a comment on the picture of your children in front of the ocean...just beautiful. Anita