
...for the grand total of 5 Dollars!!! Yep, you heard me! 5 bucks...5 clams...
63 Mexican Pesos!! 5 Francs !! 4 Euro!!! *cough* Okay, that's 46 pieces of china...
For. Five. Dollars. Whoohoo!!
So, I looked up the pattern, after I got all of this home.
It's English Garden Platinum. It was discontinued in 1968. I'm sure it's a common pattern, but what's not common is the price I paid!!! I mean I was seriously looking over my shoulder while we were loading it in the car...thinking.."Hurry, before she changes her mind!!"

This platter on Replacements...$54.99 for the large...$28.99 for the small.. I have both!!

Several of the pieces are 'like new' and some look like they've never been touched.

Tea Pot on replacements...$69.95

All of the pieces are not here, but I'm going to pick out the best of the best and I think I'll be able to make out with 6 really nice place settings!

I will be able to mix and match and enjoy this set for years to come! Score!!
I'm joinging Debbie for her Garage Salen Party! Stop by and check it out!!

Holly


















16 comments:
Holly this is unbelievable....I can't believe it! What where they thinking? They are gorgeous dishes and you will get so much use out of them. Thanks so much for joining in on the party.....I hope you enjoy some others as well.
WOW! Great find and fantabulous price.
Just stopping by from debbiedoos party! What a steal!! They all look like they have never been used!! My aunt gave me a box of dishes she bought at an auction for $6. I really didn't need them and ended up selling them for over $200 on ebay!! Woo hoo! I bought me something I really wanted! A rooster area rug!
OMG! Now that was a steal! How lucky for you! I am sure you will enjoy these! So pretty too!
BIG score! What a lovely pattern on those dishes... lucky you. Isn't it grand when you find a genuine bargain? Makes all the hunting worthwhile.
Now, get going on a tablescape!
Cass
Great Find and unbelievable price.
I am a first time visitor to your blog. Your pictures are awesome.May I ask what kind of camera do you have?
I desperately need to upgrade my camera. Of course part of mine is lack of skills... chop of heads etc.
Just became your newest follower.
Annette
Unbelievable bargain!!
You hit the jackpot!!
START THE CAR!!!!!!!!!! START THE CAR!!!!!!!!
You must have felt like a thief. Great score. I never find anything like that either, except you did find it so now that just leaves me with nothing.
Hi Holly,
Wow! I had to re read your post! Thought I was seeing things when I read you paid only $5! Oh my goodness, that is unreal! You must be so excited! I love your new dishes! The pattern is so very pretty, and I adore the teapot! Thanks so much for stopping by!
Terrific find! Things like that can make a girls Month! Love it! It's funny, I can tell you get giddy like I do when I find something great. my husband laughs, but sometimes I can barely contain myself out of sheer disbelief over a find!
Holly, You were right the first time. LOL! I did ask about your camera and thanks for the info.
Now take a deep breath... it will be O.K. LOL
I do that kind of thing all the time.Good to know I'm not by myself
Annette
WOWZA!!
Now that was a steal!! The kind where when they tell you the price, you can't pay fast enough and want to run to the car as fast as you can before they realize that they made a mistake!!
The china is so elegant and beautiful!!
Good for you!!
Debbie
Holy moley...you scored big time!!! I recognized that set immediately...my husband used to have it back in his single days!
You stole those dishes, girlfriend! What a deal! WooHoo!!
Now that is truly a fantastic score Holly! They are very pretty! Looking forward to a tablescape with them!
~ Tracy
Post a Comment