Southern Hospitality...

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

I love Southern Folk (I heart my northern friends too!!)  People in my neck of the woods are just so good and giving...now we do have our slanksiders(that's southern for deadbeats), but for the most part, folks around here are just good, honest, hard working, generous people!  

Summertime takes on a whole new meaning in the south.  Sure, school's out and vacations are planned, but in the south...it's Garden time!! Planting, tending, harvesting...and Giving...that's what folks do. Canning is another biggie! Just this past Sunday a few ladies and myself were discussing what we were going to 'can' this summer.  I just have one on my list...Tomatoes.  Last year it was corn

Sunday afternoon, these little sweets were brought to my back door!  Blueberries!! Yummy! We have lots of blueberry farms in the area and we've taken the kids to pick a couple of times, but we never, ever leave with this many! We always pick one..eat two...pick two...eat three..You get it! So, I'm really lookin' forward to what I can do with this many..........(you may not be able to tell, but that's a huge bowl!)
BBerries1

Yesterday afternoon, when sweet Hubby came home from work, he had these beauties in his hands....Peaches1
Ahhhhh, Georgia Peaches!

He said they were sitting on the back steps!   Huh?    Another visitor that didn't ring the bell!  Who could these Mystery Fruit Givers be? Thank you peach givers...there will be a cobbler soon...with homemade ice cream!  Come on back now..ya hear!

Holly


3 comments:

Nola said...

Isn't it great when someone leaves you an unexpected gift? Those peaches look really tasty!

Lindz said...

I would eat that many love blueberry for my cereal... the peaches look so fresh, bet they are nice and sweet

Shannan Martin said...

You speak my language! Fun post and swoony produce!