God Bless America

Thursday, July 1, 2010

I love what it means to be American and I love to celebrate and decorate when a patriotic holiday rolls around! Howevah, this year I've been so busy with church activities,that the 4th of July has popped right up on me!

I did get a chance to play with my Mama's dishes this past week and had such a great time digging through all of her treasures.
 

"We must be free not because we claim freedom, but because we practice it."   William Faulkner

4th1


"I only regret that I have but one life to lose for my country." 
Nathan Hale



4th2


"Oh, it's home again and home again, America for me! I want a ship that's westward bound to plough the rolling sea. To the blessed land of Room Enough beyond the ocean bars, where the air is full of sunlight and the flag is full of stars."
Henry Van Dyke





4th3

"He loves his country best who strives to make it best."  
Robert G. Ingersoll
4th4

"Four score and seven years ago our fathers brought forth on this continent a new nation, conceived in liberty, and dedicated to the proposition that all men are created equal."
Abraham Lincoln


4th5



"Our citizenship in the United States is our national character. Our citizenship in any particular state is only our local distinction. By the latter we are known at home, by the former to the world. Our great title is AMERICANS…"

Thomas Paine

4th6

"A man's country is not a certain area of land, of mountains, rivers, and woods, but it is a principle; and patriotism is loyalty to that principle."
George William Curtis



4th7
Check out Americana By Candlelight to see how beautiful patriotism is!
4th8

God Bless America!

Holly

I'm joining in Tablescape Thursday over at Between Naps on the Porch. Stop by and visit Susan and see all the beautifl tablescapes.





12 comments:

Lori E said...

On our Canada Day I will join in and wish you the best for your coming 4th celebration.
I think that clock is so beautiful. I love it. You vignette is great.

Sarah said...

Beautiful patriotic table. ~Happy 4th of July! ~

Americana Lady said...

Oh Holly, thank you so much for mentioning my blog! I enjoyed your quotes so much in your post. I don't know about you but I love quotes! I love your patriotic clock and the cup's picture reminds me of Gone With the Wind. Thank you for the kind comments today. I too love what it means to be an American and to share American Patriotism! Keep your flag-a-wavin'...Joan

Cass @ That Old House said...

Wonderful patriotic images -- have a wonderful and blessed 4th of July!
(LOVE that quilt!!!)
Cass

The Decorative Dreamer said...

What a lovely table! I just love all your patriotic decor! Joining you from TT! Happy 4th!

Sweetladyelaine said...

Thank you for the quotes! I am sure you spent alot of time in creating this beautiful tablescape! I love the placemats, clock and all the flags! Thank you for stopping by Sweetladyelaine's too! Blessings....Elaine

craftyles said...

Pretty table. I love the quilt-it really ties the whole tablescape together. Great word too. Thanks!

Marigene said...

Very patriotic table! Have a great weekend.

Nonnie said...

I am really enoying the table!

Nonnie

Nonnie said...

Holly - Terrific quotes. I am really enjoying the table. The dishes have never been used so lovely in all the years that I have had them. You know their history! George Washington has never - ever meant so much to me and you know his story also. Happy 4th to You and Yours. I love you. Mama

Unknown said...

What a wonderfully patriotic post!
Love the quilt covered table. All your accents decor are great.

Rettabug said...

Oh boy...do those ribs look GOOD!! I love all your red/white & blue items but the shots of the kidlets are the best. Such wonderful memories!