Saturday

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

We spent some of Saturday with a trip to Old Fashion(ed) Day! Personally, I have never enjoyed it due to the fact it's in JULY! I mean why not October, November, December..ya know? Anyway, the kids enjoyed it (that's what counts) and it's over until next year. yeah!

I thought the whole idea behind this festival (and I use that term lightly)was to showcase the old timey way of life and to have demonstrations and good ol home cookin'. Well Japanese stir-fry booths and Alligator on a stick ain't my idea of old timey. I didn't see any kettle corn or hear any hog callin' or see anyone showing how to plow with a mule or anything like that. I really don't like Old Fashion Day. They need to step up their game. There wasn't one sign in town that even said it was going on. People passing through might have stopped and looked. If they'd have known!

They do find a way to rid you of your money*quick*! We hadn't been there 30 minutes and dropped about 70 bucks!! On Nothing!!

Well, on stuff like this...
IMG_2769_1
...and this
IMG_2759_1
...and this
IMG_2755
I didn't get a picture of the huge plastic toys they left with.

Oh well, maybe next year. I'm sure we'll be there.

Holly


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

B is becoming the little dare-devil,oh yeah thats right he is the D-boy,lol, and looks like M is following suit....they both are becoming more and more adventurous.

Oh and I didn't even know or remember that it was "OLD FASHION DAY" weekend., course I probable wouldn't have went any way. I'm like you, it ain't what it's suppose to be anyway.