Ribault Club

Thursday, July 16, 2009

A recent little trip to Florida led us the doors of the historic Ribault Club.

This is the back view of the club on Fort George Island. It was built in 1928 as a clubhouse for Florida's affluent. It was famous for the parties and events it hosted in the 1920s and '30s. It's now listed on the National Register of Historic Places.

Rib2

I could see hosting a "Gatsby Style" party there! Fun!

Holly


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks nice to me! This is the wedding location?, weddings are always beautiful no matter where the event takes place,..shoot, bring on the flowers,food and cake, and let the games begin.

Question: If the marriage license are State of Georgia and you take your vows in State of Florida(or vice versa) is marriage certificate signed by all parties in both states, how does that work?
And, whom ever presides over ceremony, can they legally unite bride and groom in either state?
Just curious.laughing silently,ha.

Nonnie said...

It's a nice place if you know how to decorate it! The inside is beautiful.

Nonnie said...

Hey,

I am just looking forward to the Bushmen at the reception. I love beach music and I sure don't get to hear enough of it - especially near the beach.

Hey, they will be in Douglas on August 15th for (what may be) their final appearance in Jukebox.

Nonnie