Peace

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

This is a view of our pecan orchard from one day this week. At first, I thought it looked drab and sad with all  the fog rolling in.  Then after standing there a while I realized that it wasn't sad at all...

It was peaceful.
Fog1

The fruit of the Spirit is...peace.
Galatians 5:22

If you haven't read "A Young Women's Walk with God"...you must.
I picked it up for my teen Sunday school class (all girls) and couldn't put it down.




Author Elizabeth George, takes you step by step through the fruit of the Spirit to help you get the most out of your life.

It's written with the 'teen' girl in mind, but holds valuable lessons for all of us.

Many people think of peace as the absence of problems. They equate peace with the feeling they experience when all is well, when there are no issues or problems or pains. But the peace of the Lord is not related to circumstances at all.  In fact, God's peace comes to us and endures...regardless of life's circumstances.

* Peace comes from knowing that your heavenly Father is continually with you ~ and indeed He is!*


I'm joining Susan for Outdoor Wednesday



My opinions on this book are just that...my opinions. I wasn't asked to review this book by anyone...
I just thought I'd share it with you.


11 comments:

Jessa said...

It looks interesting, I will have to find and read it.

L.O.V.E. your header, so cute!

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Oh, Holly! This is the perfect post, and I have to say "amen" to that part about God being with you at all times being the basis for peace. He is, and it is. He is the reason I can get out of bed each day, and in Him we find our joy, too.

Thanks for this perfect Outdoor Wed post and reminder...

XO,

Sheila :-)

Anonymous said...

I see what you mean. It is beautiful and serene.

LV said...

A lovely, inspiring post. The trees were just taking their morning shower.

Davene Grace said...

Hi, Holly!

Thanks so much for stopping by my new blog; I'm thrilled to "meet" you!

I agree: that picture has peace written all over it. It's so serene. I'm having to change my outlook on winter-time scenery these days; I'm (secretly!) longing for spring--but it's far too early to do that--so I'm trying to find the beauty in winter. This post helped me do that. Thanks!

Hootin Anni said...

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, a piece of heaven to be sure. Fog is one of my favorite forms of 'weather'. Yes, it is so very very peaceful. You have an ORCHARD of pecans? Lucky you. We have just one pecan tree. I'm running low in my winter's stash already. LOL

Thanks for visiting with me yesterday.

Velva said...

The photo is stunning! I can visualize the pecan trees in the Georgia winter.

eileeninmd said...

Lovely post, Holly! I love your foggy capture, it is a pretty scene.

Vintagesouthernlife said...

What an uplifting post! The photo is sooo peaceful and it is so wonderful to know that He gives us peace no matter our circumstances.
Have a great week end,
Annette

Vintagesouthernlife said...

What an uplifting post! The photo is sooo peaceful and it is so wonderful to know that He gives us peace no matter our circumstances.
Have a great week end,
Annette

Pam Kessler said...

Your photo is amazing. It does look very serene. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I'll check out some more of your photos. And cooking - I have been wanting to try those Macaroni Grill items, but was skeptical before.