Endless Summer

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

I long for Fall....seriously. I dream of crisp, cool mornings and sunsets with no bugs. I envy those states that are starting to cool off from this Endless Summer!   Ahhh, what I wouldn't give to be in Juneau today!

I haven't blogged much this summer. It seems like we've had our fair share of ups and downs and it's really been hard to find time to blog. I've missed it!  We have been able to enjoy some mini-breaks and long weekends, but with my husband being so busy during the summer months, it's almost impossible to take a family vacation.  That's fine with me...I would rather vacay in November;o)

We made the decision to start homeschooling this year. It was something that I wanted to try last year, but my husband wasn't so sure.  Our oldest went to Kindergarten last year, but this year I have both kids home with me. We started ' school ' on August 17th, but we're taking it nice and slow and loving every minute of it!  We'll be doing review work for a couple of weeks, then we're really going to be digging in.

My son was attacked by a neighbors dog (pit bull) a few weeks ago and it's been such a terrible time for us around here. He's doing really good, but it's been Hell watching him recover physically from the bite (to the face) and mentally from the attack.  His face looks really good and the plastic surgeon says that she'll be able to do some scar revision on his face and he'll look great.   We went through the whole rabies scare and let me tell you...I don't wish that on anyone! EVER!   We have so much to be thankful for though,  God was with Barrett! No. Doubt. About. It!

During the middle of all of this he turned 7!  Wow! My baby boy is 7! His Nonna had him a nice little party with just a few friends and family and it was a wonderful distraction from all of the turmoil.  He really had a great time and his Nonna and Papa bought him this...

flash1
His name is Flash.  He's an 8 week old Basset Hound and he is presh! We wanted to be sure that he knows that not all dogs are bad and Flash is so sweet and playful. B is still a little nervous, but we think having Flash will help him so much. Our last dog was a Basset Hound named Paco.  We loved Paco so much, but one day he went missing and we've been sad and dogless...until now!

I hope things are finally getting back to 'normal' around here and I'm looking forward to blogging more...as soon as my computer comes back from the shop. I'm on my husbands mini-laptop and I only like to use it when we travel. It's so tiny.  I do have lots to blog about... so more to come...soon!

Holly


1 comment:

Nonnie said...

Flash is so handsome. I am glad he has graced the blog with his presence! I, too, cannot believe that Barrett is 7. Where has the time gone? I guess it flys - like everyone says - when you are having fun!

Love all
Nonnie