Project

Thursday, May 7, 2009

I needed to take inventory of some of my serving dishes yesterday so I went to the trusty ole dish closet to take a few notes and what did I see....YIKES! How did this happen??? Who did this? Not me? No!!! Um..I guess I did. The old saying "Outta sight, outta mind" came to mind when I looked at this mess, but there was only one option...clean. it. out.

So, I took everything out and put it on the dining room table. I proceeded to wipe, sweep, and wipe some more until THIS........


Turned into THIS

Yay! Organized!

You can't see it in the picture, but the top shelf holds all of my wedding china (that is packaged away in china storage containers) and crystal vases and candle sticks. The china shelf was the only shelf that didn't need re-organizing. The next shelf down is glassware. The entire shelf is full of glasses and cups, but now it's neat. Next, I have two complete sets of dishes and a few serving dishes. The next shelf down has most of my clear glass serving platters. You can't see from this angle, but there's about 10 or more glass plates over in the left corner stacked very neatly. Add in a few more serving pieces and it makes for a full shelf. The bottom of the closet holds the larger boxed pieces..coffee urn, two punch bowls, ice bucket and tea service. A few silver trays are on top of these boxes. I have more sets of dishes and a few chafing dishes in the kitchen, but they already had a place there, so I didn't try to fit them in.

There you have it! The new and improved dish closet!

Holly


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It looks like you are READY, for any kind of EVENT.