That's right, Karen. It's really easy to do it too early...mostly you wait til you have a good "boll load" and the weather will be sunny for about 3 days. If you wait too long insects and bad weather could cause trouble. Truthfully, there's no one 'recipe' for defoliating cotton. Just years of experience helps! Thanks for visiting Beneath The Big Oak!
4 comments:
I guess if you don't do it at the right time, it could ruin the cotton?
That's right, Karen. It's really easy to do it too early...mostly you wait til you have a good "boll load" and the weather will be sunny for about 3 days. If you wait too long insects and bad weather could cause trouble. Truthfully, there's no one 'recipe' for defoliating cotton. Just years of experience helps! Thanks for visiting Beneath The Big Oak!
Okay I'm probably telling my age but when I was a teen I helped pick cotton in my Daddy's cottonfields. I can remember how sore my fingers would get.
I'm your newest follower and would love for you to follow me.
Have a wonderful day!!
WOW that is pretty Amazing Holly!
Post a Comment