Good Lunch

Friday, September 12, 2008


Today, I made Deep Dish Taco Squares for lunch. I thought I'd share the recipe because it is so easy to make and it's a great, fast meal.

2 c. biscuit mix
1/2 c. cold water
1lb. ground beef
3/4 c. chopped green pepper
1/2 c. chopped onion(more or less to taste)
1 (8oz) can tomato sauce
1 (8oz) carton sour cream
1 c. shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1/3 c. mayonnaise

Combine baking mix and water, stirring with a fork until blended. Press mixture in bottom of lightly greased 11x7 baking dish. Bake at 375 for 9 min. Cook ground beef, pepper and onion in a large skillet over med-hi heat until browned and veggies are tender, stirring until meat crumbles; drain. Stir in tomato sauce. Spoon meat mixture over crust. Combine sour cream, cheese and mayo; spoon over meat mixture. Bake, uncovered at 375 for 25 min or until heated and crust is lightly browned. Let stand 5 minutes; cut into squares to serve.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

looks good, bet it was good,
and easy is what those of us that
cook every day really likes, I cook every day and on the weekend sometimes twice a day, it makes life easy-er when the recipe is easyee, wahoo,will be trying this for sure.

TREVOR said...

I REALLY LOVED IT!

LOVE,

MONK